What is the process for regulatory approval of CalEnergy’s activities at Whicher Range?

In WA, petroleum activities require the acceptance of the industry regulator, the Department of Mines and Petroleum, which administers the Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Resources Act 1967 covering petroleum activities undertaken on all onshore areas throughout the state. The department uses a multi-agency approvals process which can include independent assessments by the EPA.